Sunday, January 31, 2010

Australian Open

Dear Internet,

I love Australians, I really do. And I love tennis. So, I was getting my Aussie Open updates thanks to you, and then I discovered the following quote from this article:

"Tournament officials will meet as early as next week to discuss crowd safety after ugly scenes at the Grand Slam including a gang of racist thugs who waved Nazi salutes, the indecent assault of a 10-year-old girl, a court invader on Rod Court Arena and a flare that terrified spectators on a show-court."

And then here:

"Security was tightened last year after men used covert cameras to film up women's skirts, and in 2007 a boy was dragged into a toilet and sexually assaulted."

I mean, they are rowdy in New York, but this is shocking behavior. WTF, Australia? You're living up to the stereotype, hate to say it. Way to ruin what should be a great sports event for all.

Discouraged,

Maxie Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment